In my previous post, you’ve read a review on the Prettia hair dye product that I used to color my hair. Now, I’m going to show you how I did my own hair since the instructions included are in Japanese. It’s actually not that hard to do. I am sure there are plenty of tutorials on how to use this one but since I want to share this experience with you guys.
- Old Shirt (it’s actually amazing how my shirt has no stains at all. As in NOTHING)
- Electric Fan
- Shower Cap
- Prettia Hair Dye
- Put the maroon-colored bottle with the transparent one.
- Don’t shake! Mix them by slowly moving your bottle back and forth till you see that the mixture inside is blended well. Doing it 5 times will do the trick.
- Put on your old shirt.
- Divide your hair into two parts (left and right). Apply on the top first then focus on the bottom part. I’ve applied my dye while an electric fan is on my side so I could breathe properly because the smell of ammonia is kinda strong. I tried doing it without the fan and it really stinks. I also felt some stinging on my scalp but it also faded within seconds. Remember: Don’t put a lot of color on your hair line (near the forehead) because I have a lot or maybe I focused too much on it that some hair (and forehead hair) are blonde though it’s not that noticeable.
- After you apply everything on your hair (My hair is bra line length and my dye still has 1/4 left.), use a shower cap to seal them. Your hair might feel hot inside the shower cap. Leave it for 20-30 mins. Since my hair was almost-virgin black, I left it for 40 mins- 1 hour.
- Remember to massage your hair every 10 mins.
- Wash your hair. I used Cream Silk Conditioner then dry it using the fan. I put the Leave-on cream that’s included in the kit.
You are not supposed to wash your hair for 3 days so it could breathe with our natural oil. But since it’s so hot here in the Philippines, I just conditioned my hair on the first day then I used a Pure Beauty Treatment shampoo the next day until now. I usually leave my shampoo while I soap but now, I rinse it after massaging so it won’t dry my hair.
I didn’t post this blog as soon as I used the product because I also want to share some after care or whatever issue that may occur after a few days. So I’ve been waiting for my hair to be dry, but it didn’t. It’s still the same texture with my old hair but with color. I really love Prettia and I’m hoping to try my chiffon beige soon. Colors I like are Royal Brown, Marshmallow Brown and Sweet Pink.
Here are some more photos I have. The sunlight photo is actually the nearest to my actual hair but it still differs based on different lightings. I also dyed my hair lighter so it won’t look unnatural or trying hard. lol