Going to Korea anytime soon? Here’s how I got my Korean Visa.
Below is the checklist from the Korean Embassy website.
Tourist Visa Requirements for Filipino Employees
1. Application Form
2. 1piece of Passport size colored picture
3. Original Passport (should be valid for more than 6months)
4. Photocopy of Passport Bio-page (page 2)
5. Original & Photocopy of valid visa/s and arrival stamps to OECD member countries for the past 5 years (If applicable, and Korean Visas will not be counted)
6. Original Certificate of Employment
(must include applicant’s position, date hired, compensation, office address, HR landline number(cell-phone number is not allowed), HR e-mail address)
7. Original Personal Bank Certificate
(must include account type, current balance, account opening date, ADB)
8. Bank Statement
(original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months)
9. ITR(Income Tax Return) or Form 2316 Copy
10. Copy of PRC Card or IBP Card (If applicable only)
* If personally invited by Korean
. Invitation Lettter
. Photocopy of invitor’s Passport or Identification Card
(authentication not required)
* If invited by Company in Korea
. Invitation Letter
. Photocopy of Korean Company Business Permit
(authentication not required)
* Frequent travellers who have travelled as tourist to OECD member countries within 5 years are exempt from submitiing ITR.
■ Processing Time
: 3 working days (for those who have been to OECD member countries within 5 years as tourist)
5 working days (for those who have not been to OECD member countries within 5 years)
■ Visa Fee: 59 days (or less) stay in Korea — GRATIS
60 to 90 days stay in Korea — PHP1,800.00
If you want a simpler checklist, here is mine.
Passing of requirements is from 9-11AM only while releasing of visa is after 5 working days from 2-4PM only.
Things you need to know:
- Personal Bank Certificate – I bought mine from BDO for P100 and got it the next day. Make sure that you have more than enough money to cover for your expenses on your whole stay in Korea. There’s a part in the visa application form where you have to write your estimated expenses in USD and I think you should have more than that in your account. We don’t want them to think you’re not coming back by spending all your savings just for the trip.
- Bank Statement – Printed mine from my online BPI & BDO Account. This is just a copy of your transactions for the last 3 months. You can get it for free.
- If you feel that your savings’ not enough, you can also submit land/car title named after you just to make sure that the embassy won’t think you don’t have plans on coming back.
- Hotel & Flight itinerary is not included. But there’s a part in the visa application form asking where you will stay. You can book hotels online with free cancelation just in case your visa won’t get approved.
- My commute going to the embassy back and forth took longer than my stay there. Just after 5 minutes, I’m done passing the requirements.
- You will get your visa after 5 working days (weekends & holidays not included) whether you got approved or denied. Passed my visa requirements January 12,2016 (Tuesday) and got it by January 19, 2016 (Tuesday).
- Best thing about this, it’s FREE!
McKinley Town Center, 122 Upper McKinley Rd,
Taguig, 1634 Metro Manila